Single-handedly catching up

It has been a crazy month, so I will take a few post to get you guys caught up on the shenanigans that have been my life.

One thing I struggled with in October was having to put down our beloved dachshund. 

She had been with us for about four years and my younger son has grown with her, he was only two when we got her. He loved her so much and making the decision to put her down was a difficult one. Prior to our move, she was having some pain in her neck and back. The vet confirmed that she was experiencing some inflammation and gave us medication to help her with the pain. They suggested we get her to rest as much as possible to help the inflammation. My little man was diligent about giving her the medication every morning and it became a routine and beautiful bonding moment for both of them. The medication seemed to help for about a month and then all of a sudden she took a turn for the worse and lost movement in the back half of her body. Within three days she couldn’t walk and then she couldn’t move. She had lost control of her bladder and bowels and she wouldn’t eat. It was painful to watch. My boys were spending the weekend with their father as he got married, so I made the difficult decision with the help of Red and I thought it would be best to do it while they were away. We contacted Lap of Love and they were amazing. They came to the house and everything was done in the comfort of my living room. I held her until she stopped breathing. They left us with a locket of her hair and a plaster of her paw print. When the boys came home Sunday evening I sat them down and explained the events of the weekend, it was heartbreaking and the longest night. The pain is still fresh and I’m sure it’ll be a while before it isn’t.

Another reason I have not posted anything is because on 11/3, I had a minor surgery on my right hand / ring finger and I was in a plaster splint for about 20 days. Typing was a bitch. I probably picked the worst possible time to be one-handed. Last Sunday marked the end of my semester and I was a little behind due to the surgery and the other events leading up to it. So I spent last week playing catch up and boy was that a mess. I typed ten, two to four page assignments, took one final exam, and typed a 20 page final project in about five days. My hand remained inflamed and sore pretty much the entire week. Now the plaster splint is off and the stitches are out but I still need a little rehabilitation. Typing is still a bitch and just getting this little bit down has been difficult. I’ll start physical therapy soon, I know that will be painful but hopefully I’ll be back to typing like normal soon.

Stay tuned for more about why I deleted ALL the dating apps.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s